Some time ago, not so far back we started a Creative Marketing Solutions 101 series.
For this time, we will take about one of 4 P’s – PRODUCT – in other words how can you get creative with your offering?
We already spoke about a guy who earns a fortune selling potatoes.
But what can you do? It may seem like there is nothing left to invent.
For start, it does not have to be something totally new. It can be as simple as combining two products/services to simplify things. Just think about smart phones and how Steve Jobs decided to simplify our lives by combining a functionality of a phone and a computer.
For those of you who think there is really no creative things to come up with, or are looking for some ideas, I compiled a list of creative products/services.
1. BlueSmart Carry-On Luggage – the luggage that weights and locks itself, and charges your phone up to 6 times among other things. For more info check out this video or visit their website.
2. Dreamfarm’s Gripet or Scizza – Dreamfarm delivers creative kitchen tools you would wish to have in your kitchen – for example, their Gripet note organizer, or Pizza Scissors for perfectly sliced pizza. You can order both here.
3. No Blind Spot Rear View Mirror – used by racers and police officers the mirror is a must if you drive a lot.
4. Shower Mic – no explanation necessary. You can order it here.
5. The Dog Matchmaker – where you are matched with a rescue pet based on a questionnaire that matches your personality with that of your future pet.
6. Storage By the Box – get the box, pack it, send it for free. All you pay is actual storage of your stuff. For AED 75/per month for a box, you can keep your stuff safe.
7. The Shoe Laundry – it was in my e-Commerce class I got introduced to this creative service – practically “recycle” your old shoes to look almost brand new for super low price. Based in India, I am super psyched to see it spread worldwide.
8. Scribble – a pen with two ends – one with a nib, and one with a scanner. Press scanner against any surface. It captures the color and mixes the ink giving you a pen that can color in the exact shade of object scanned.
While only some of few examples, they can serve you as a reminder there is still a world out there to be discovered.
Any products or services that caught your attention? Let us know!
Leave us a comment and you will send feel-good vibes. Everybody needs some feel-good vibes.
Subscribe and you will send us over the moon.
Recommend us to a friend or a fellow marketing enthusiast, and you will win the karma gold. May marketing odds be forever in your favor!